In todays daily norm, it’s unfortunately way too easy to get caught up in the cycle of constantly being on the go. Just like our morning coffee’s, we often try to squeeze in beauty appointments in-between our never ending to do list’s. Given our fast paced lifestyles, embracing the new normal can feel bizarre. But what if there is beauty in slowing things down, becoming more resourceful and learning to appreciate ourselves just a little bit more.
What better way to find out than by trying out a few at home beauty tips and tricks that will help you realize that you don’t have to go very far to bring out the beauty that comes from within a well-rested, positive you!
- Make time for yourself and your coffee. Whether this means getting up a little earlier or skipping your morning scroll through social media, rush-full mornings are stressful and will not only drain your emotions, but also your overall beauty.
- Meditate. I’m sure we’ve all heard the of it and are familiar with the typical excuses of why people deter from doing it. You don’t have to be spiritual, nor a professional nor carve out too much time from your day to do it. Just give yourself some time to breath. Breathing increases the oxygen flow within your body and in turn rejuvenates your skin, slowing down the process of aging.
- Start your day with warm lemon water. Life gave us lemons, so why not make use of all their vitamins! This combination helps to replenish and balance our skin cells, leaving them firmer and tighter. Essentially it’s the best way to achieve the appearance of plump, rejuvenated skin and a healthy glow!
- Invest in a silk pillow case. Yes, you deserve it! Combined with a cup of herbal tea and some a spoonful of magnesium, not only will your body thank you for the 5-star sleep experience, but you’ll also find your hair to be less frizzy, and your skin to appear smoother. Thanks to the smooth texture, silk doesn’t absorb any moisture from your skin, leaving it more hydrated (& makes your bedtime serum more effective).
- Don’t underestimate the power of chamomile. Not only does it make for a nice cup of calmness before bed, but it also works as a great de-puffer! Place a few damp teabags in the fridge overnight and apply them to your eyes in the mornings to sooth out puffiness.
- Practice Posture: Did you know that the way you hold yourself can actually make you appear more beautiful? Good posture helps to keep our joints aligned, reducing aches and fatigue, and also lengthens our appearances. While its easier said than done, there are plenty of quick and easy posture workouts to follow at home, online!
- Scalp massages. We put our heads and minds through a lot in a day, the most we can do in is show them some love in return. This can be done while stuck in traffic or while waiting for your morning brew. A little bit will go a long way and I promise that your hair will thank you in inches from the increased circulation and blood flow you give it.
- Smile. Call me cheesy but your smile will forever be your prettiest asset. And I am not here to tell you to hop on the influencer bandwagon and get one of those blue light whitening tools. However, I will advocate that you show off your smile more. While it is true that a whiter smile is something that enhances your appearance, adding a teaspoon of baking soda with water until it turns into a paste and brushing for a couple minutes prior to your normal routine will do just the trick. Now you don’t have any excuses 🙂
- Do not Disturb. Unfortunately its easy to get caught up in the cycle of always being online, but the best you can do is be mindful of your screen time before bed. Give yourself at least 30 minutes of offline time before you sleep. The next best piece of advice, is to invest in a pair of blue light glasses.
- Practice Positivity. And last but not least, and my favourite beauty tip of all times; the ultimate PP. As silly as it sounds, standing in front of the mirror & appreciating yourself will have a stronger impact on you than your 10am facial appointment. I promise.
Cheers to embracing the new normal together and feeling beautiful as ever! Happy quarantining 🙂